I really like this sort of critique. As you all know it won’t change the way I feel about the books but the wrongs addressed here are beautifully highlighted. Now, where is my tequila? I’m off to get completely hammered playing the drinking game!
This book is so exuberantly, hilariously flawed that it requires a drinking game.
Drink every time:
- Christian Grey acts like a stalker with poor impulse control.
- Ana thinks, Oh my.
- A stray Britishism pops up.
- Ana’s subconscious [sic] or inner goddess requires slapping.
- There’s gratuitous product placement.
- You cringe on behalf of Christian’s servant-people.
- Someone name-shouts during orgasm.
- Someone’s mouth “forms a perfect O.”
- A tampon is pulled.
Finish your drink when:
- “Rectifying the situation” is used to refer to relieving someone of their virginity.
- An actual, full-length legal contract appears in the text.
In a nutshell: Young, bookish Anastasia Steele meets 27-year-old business tycoon Christian Grey. He has a dark past, majorly taut abs, a BDSM playroom in his fabulous penthouse, and a purported fear of intimacy that melts on contact with Ana’s magical vagina.
I was going to make a list of flaws, followed by…
View original post 616 more words
There are so many wrongs, but they endear the overall right of the flawed people in the story! I am all for a drinking game! With all the FF of FSOG that I have read I feel like a mini expert , bring it on! Tequila? How about some Cointreau? Yummm
As Mia would say, I want something that tastes remarkably the same coming back up as it does going down. Given the rules of the game we’ll be drunk-dialling ex-boyfriends and declaring our lurve for each other by Chapter 3. Cointreau would create an ache that even one of Christian’s one hour whipping sessions wouldn’t obliterate.
Yep would not take to Long to get tore with playing this drinking games…. I can hear it all ready 100 butt plugs in the drawer,take one down pass it around.. 99 butt plugs ..