My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is one of those books that gets to you on so many levels and leaves you just a little bit breathless by the end. Millay is funny, let’s get that out there right away. The one liners are priceless and she has you simply loving the characters from the outset. She is also a seriously good writer.
The love story happens on many levels and grows slowly but steadily over the course of the book. Yes, you want Josh and Nastya/Sunshine to be together and to heal each other but as we learn more about their damaged lives it gets more difficult to see that happening without something drastic intervening. But then there are all these wonderful side characters that you also fall in love with, including the ones you expect to hate. This isn’t trite and happily ever after stuff, it is real; a genuine understanding of what makes us all a little bit flawed.
I cannot recommend this highly enough. I will read it again, but I might need a few months to arrive at that point.
- Book Review: The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay (thedailyquirk.com)
- An Interview with Author Katja Millay (thedailyquirk.com)
- The Sea of Tranquility & Flawed REVIEWS! (nightlyreading.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay (klutzdiaries.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay (thebookhog.wordpress.com)